Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Beyond the realm of failure and success



Failure might be exasperating, yet , sorrow is beautiful !
Success might be unfulfilling , yet, joy is so complete !

The torture of a parched desire pales against the bliss of a granted wish, leave alone the happiness of a realized dream. Yet why do we waste aeons in the vice of a damning mirage , when moments of joy clamour for our heed. Is it the choice that maketh the happy man: as poet Frost elucidates. Or is it the cruel fate that wrangles every drop of hope from us : baring us to the pangs of loneliness instead of blessing us with solitude.

Is it peace that my heart longs for, or is it the sweet joy of platonic love for what it weeps . I even doubt I would be happy if my heart were elated , I am unsure I am it. I even doubt my being the mind , sometimes the very whirlpool of disturbing images , sometimes the peaceful lake of serene thoughts. Am I this body? I doubt it. In fact does it matter who am I, for my search is for happiness.But then can I make myself happy, unless I find myself.

So does the path to happiness pass through the dense woods where we find our true selves.Or as George Bernard Shaw proclaims, life is about making oneself , and not finding oneself : life is all about setting goals and achieving them at all costs, for life is a race where the winner takes all. But does he also take happiness, or , in the din of success, the music of happiness becomes inaudible.

This blog is dedicated , for some , to unravel the mystery of happiness, for some , to scale the glorious peak of happiness, for some, to enunciate the silence of happiness , and for some ,to realize the dream called happiness.

No comments: